1. Who Are You and What Do You Do for The Offbeat?
My name is Kristina and I am a Professional Writing student at Michigan State University. I’m an editor and readings process manager for The Offbeat.
2. What Do You Love Most About The Offbeat?
I love getting to read the submissions that come to us at The Offbeat. There are so many interesting and well-done stories and poems we come across during the reading process. I love getting to discuss the pieces with the editorial team. Finding a story or poem we all love and pushing it through to print is very satisfying.
3. What Are Your Favorite Kinds of Offbeat Stories?
My favorite kind of stories we receive are the ones that turn at the end. Ones that are quirky and lighthearted, or incredibly sad. A bit contradictory, but that’s how it goes!
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go and what would you do?
If I could travel anywhere, I think I would go back to visit Spain. I went there once on a class trip and loved my wonderful host family. I’d love to see them again and to spend more time exploring the cities.
5. If you could live in any time period, what would it be and why?
I’m not sure what time period I would like to live in other than ours. Maybe the eighties, for no other reason than I wouldn’t have to fight with my frizzy waves in the morning.
6. What Is One Fact The Offbeaters (Our Readers/Contributors) MUST Learn About You?
I love names and stories about the power of names, which may be why Rumpelstiltskin is my favorite fairytale. One of my favorite parts of my own writing process is finding the perfect name for a character to settle into. Researching names is so interesting, and I stash away my favorites in case I ever create a character who might fit one of them.