1. Who Are You and What Do You Do for The Offbeat?
Hi there! I’m Ella and I am in charge of The Offbeat CrowdPower page which raises funds for the journal.
2. What Do You Love Most About The Offbeat?
I both love and hate the ambiguity of many of the submissions we receive. It can be frustrating reading a piece and not having any idea what the author means or what their intended message is, but it is also what makes The Offbeat submissions so unique and interesting. I especially like the discussions we have on our submissions because you get to hear all the different interpretations of a piece from everyone else.
3. What Are Your Favorite Kinds of Offbeat Stories?
My favorite kinds of Offbeat stories are the ones that have really creative twists. I love when I am reading a piece and think I know what is happening and what is going to happen, and all of the sudden the entire story shifts and the result is completely surprising.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go and what would you do?
If I could travel anywhere in the world, I would go to Greece. I would see all of the incredible historical sites and be in the sea as much as possible. And I would eat my way through all the different islands.
5. If you could live in any time period, what would it be and why?
If I could live in any time period, it would be the 70s or late 60s because I love the music, fashion, movies and everything else about the culture of that era.
6. What Is One Fact The Offbeaters (Our Readers/Contributors) MUST Learn about You?
I am a big history geek. I love reading historical fiction and biographies or nonfiction books and have probably watched every period drama ever created.